We surveyed some of the best Youth Tour minds out there and came up with some advice for the newest crop of YTers!
Ready? Here ya go!
- Know the rules and stick to them!
- Be on time! Every time.
- Make sure you have the Grupio app downloaded (it has our schedule) and you are part of our Remind group!
- On Facebook? Join the 2019 Iowa Youth Tour group (parents welcome!)
- Keep hydrated in DC! We will have water available. We keep a couple coolers on the bus full of cold water and will be pushing you to drink water all day, every day.
- Arrive for Youth Tour well rested and be prepared to WALK! The average day goes from about 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m. Yes, this is a long day, and you will be on the go a lot, however, no one ever wishes they had slept more during Youth Tour.
- If you don’t feel well, tell a chaperone. There are two nurses on call 24-hours a day during Youth Tour.
- Wear comfortable shoes – we cannot say this enough!
- Know your number! All students will get assigned a number. All you have to do is remember your number (it is listed in our app). Each time we leave someplace we count off. Never left anyone behind … don’t plan to this year either!
- Get to know everyone! There are NO cliques on Youth Tour!
- Talk to the chaperones. They are awesome! And, they have connection that might be very helpful when you are looking for an internship or even a job!
Iowa Youth Tour Director
Check us out on Snapchat: iowayouthtour