Friday, June 19, 2015

And they lived cooperatively ever after

I am writing this blog as we are on our final fight home. I'm just taking a minute to let Youth Tour 2015 all sink in as I look around at all of the sleeping student and chaperones in all types of funny (uncomfortable!) position. Yep ... they are tired, but it was all worth it. We had a great, great week. The cooperatives that sent the students on this trip should all be very proud of how they represented them. The families that they are part of should know that they are raising GREAT people. I am so, so honored to know of each them! 

In a word ... TIRED!

Today (Thursday) we started with an early wake-up call, a quick breakfast then we went to  a presentation by Adam Schwartz, founder of The Cooperative Way, about the many different type of cooperatives and how they truly make a positive difference. Hopefully, as the students that went on Youth Tour 2015 get older, they will consider working for, starting or being a part of a cooperative. I may be a bit bias, but I think the cooperative business model is the BEST model!

We will be landing in about an hour to waiting friends and family. I'm going to miss these guys! No room checks tonight, or wake-up calls tomorrow ... just seems weird. I know we will all fall back into our routines, but I hope that Youth Tour will be a wonderful memory for everyone that got to experience #ytdc 2015.

The group REALLY bonded and I have no doubt will be lifelong fiends. There's talk of a reunion ... and I hope that come to fruition! But, until then, may we all live cooperatively ever after!


Stay in touch!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment